Inter-school tournament in logic and mathematics
On February 3 in CISC_Kyiv the I Inter-School tournament in logic and mathematics “Rubik’s Cube Fest” was held.
Ten teams of school students from 5-7 grades from different schools competed within three theme stations in attentiveness, logical thinking and ability to use spatial vision.
The following teams participated in the competition:
from 5th grades:
- “Gods of Speed-Cubing”, “Scientific Change” Lyceum, Kyiv;
- “ThinkGlobal”, ThinkGlobal School, Kyiv;
- Team 5.12, CISC_Kyiv.
from 6th grades:
- “Checkmate”, Politechnic Lyceum of Kyiv Politechnic University “KPI”, Kyiv;
- “Space 127”, School #127, Kryvyi Rih;
- “Quick-witted”, Medical Gymnasium #33, Kyiv;
- “Adidas”, CISC_Kyiv.
from 7th grades:
- “Under the sign of PI”, School #127, Kryvyi Rih;
- “Cactus”, Boiarka Educational Complex “Gymnasium-School of first stage”;
- “Speed force”, CISC_Kyiv.
Within the theme stations, the participants faced:
– puzzles and quizzes;
– arithmetical problems and tasks to test logical thinking and quick wit;
– search for different types of regularities and principles;
– finding the common traits of subjects/excluding the odd one;
– workshops on assembling the Rubik’s Cube;
– creative game of 3D chess.
The tournament ended with the award ceremony and exciting participants’ flashmob.
Three winners were chosen among ten participating teams by the quantity of points earned at each theme stage of the competition.
So, the winners of I I Inter-School tournament in logic and mathematics “Rubik’s Cube Fest” were:
1 place – “Checkmate” Team, Politechnic Lyceum of Kyiv Politechnic University “KPI”;
2 place- “Speed force” Team, CISC_Kyiv;
3 place- Team 5.12, CISC_Kyiv.
We greet the winners and wish all the participants new creative achievements!