It’s school-time soon! How to adapt the child to school rhythm
In a few weeks the children will return to school. What can parents do to facilitate their child’s adaptation to school and to the educational process in general?
10 rules that help both children and parents adapt to the school life:
1. Every day, go to bed 15 minutes earlier than yesterday. Little schoolchild must sleep not less than 9-10 hours daily, that’s why bedtime must not be later than 21-21.30.
2. After 19.30 there must be no active and loud games; it’s better to devote that period to reading interesting books or calm conversations with the parents.
3. Only after performing the first rule, you can gradually move the waking time earlier. Every day for 10-15 minutes.
4. Start your morning with a smile! Waking up is fun!
5. Find some allies and friends. If the schoolchild will be adapting to the new regime together with friends and classmates, the process will become much easier.
6. Become an example. If mom and dad won’t revise their daily regime, the child will find it hard to do. Start from yourself!
7. Day-time sleep or rest. Not everyone can adapt to the new regime easily. You can take one hour to rest during the day. There is no harm in a little siesta!
8. Healthy nutrition. A balanced nutrition will help the the child’s adaptation to school much easier
9. It is desirable to have a time for organized activity with the child in the first half of the day, not less than 1 hour and not more than 2 hours. Since it’s still vacation time )). For more experienced schoolchildren: reading an interesting book, drawing, solving mathematical sums or logical puzzles, writing exercises atc.
10. Daily schedule. Without it the motivation won’t be efficient. Plan some nice pastime together with the child, for example, going to the cinema or a walk in the park, and you’ll see your child rise earlier than anyone in the morning.
Have a nice and effective start!