European STEM week in CISC
From 24 till 28 of April CISC hosted European STEM Tournament that was marked with a series of interesting and enlightening events.
- Our students defended their own science projects on biology, geography and chemistry:
M.Prosolenko – science project on biology “Respiratory pigments in the living world. Coloured blood”;
A. Yastrebov – science project on geography “On formation of continents and ocean deeps. Albert Wegener hypothesis.”;
Y.Zalevskyi – science porject on geography “Recreational resources of Alpine highland”; «
students of 5-6 grades – science project on chemistry “Chemistry of soils”.
- The following intedrated classes were conducted:
“natural science + biology” in the 2 grade, topic “Human and Nature”;
“natural science + biology + technology” in the 4 grade, topic “Bionics”.
- STEM-tournament was conducted between the students of the 5-6 grades.
- Students of the 7 grade conducted laboratory research on physics in Ukrainian Physics and Mathematics Lyceum.
- Educational STEM workshop for educators “Development of creative thinking within math lessons. Methodology and practical implementation.”, where Ms.Oksana (Headmaster of the School) presented uconventional but highly effective teaching methods.
- Students of the 6 grade performed a mathematical play “Eureka!”.
The week turned out to be exciting and filled with interesting events!