What does creativity mean in CISC?
The purpose of creativity within the CISC is helping a student develop unconventional thinking, ability to raise and formulate questions; ability to generate multiple ideas; flexibility – ability to produce a variety of ideas; ingenuity – ability to meet the challenges in unorthodox manner; ability to refine the object by adding details; problem-solving ability, i.e. ability to analyze and synthesize. A teacher accompanies and guides the students, gives some recommendations, induces their creative activity. Our main task is developing the students’ ability to form new knowledge, skills, modes of action independently, by themselves. Students’ initiativity is a perequisite of creative education. Thus, a student turns from being an object of pedagogical influence into a subject of communication, and becomes responsible for his/her actions just as the teacher is. Creative education is the process of constant cooperation between the teacher and the student. And the educational process is organized as a cooperation of people equally interested in a common cause. A specific feature of creative education is its merging with life, with solving of real creative problems.
How does the connection with parents work?
Each class is accompanied by a tutor, a person having pedagogical or psychological education, who keeps the connection with the parents. Each of the parents also has access to electronic school diary where a sudent’s academic progress is recorded. Once per several months the parents receive individual report stating the child’s dynamics of development and accomplishments as well as recommendations from every teacher. Closed groups on Facebook allow the parents to observe photo and video reports, topics of the lessons, to communicate, make propositions etc.
What is the main pedagogical concept of CISC? How do you see your graduate?
CISC is the School that teaches how to think creatively, critically, independently and freely; to cope with complex tasks; to bear responsibility for one’s own decisions and to be ready for the challenges of the modern world
We create an environment where a child is interested in studying. We build the educational process in the manner that would stimulate each child’s cognitive activity. We believe that if a student asks “What’s next?” and the teacher guides the student, raising open tasks and applying different teaching methods, it motivates a child not only for studying within the school, but throughout the life. “Our main goal is stimulating a child’s self-cognition, teaching a child to think creatively, to be a conscious person with the skills necessary in the XXI century, with knowing and understanding of own purposes and the means of achieving them.
What languages does a child study in CISC?
The children study English starting from the first grade.
Starting from the second grade, every child may study French, German or Spanish (Kyiv), Polish (Lviv) as the second foreign language.
According to which system English language is taught?
Semestrial tests are conducted in the mode of Cambridge exams, with testing of the four types of language activities: reading, writing, listening and speaking
Young Learners Cambridge Test Starters – 3 grade
Young Learners Cambridge Test Movers – 4 grade
Young Learners Cambridge Test Flyers – 5 grade
Cambridge exam KET for schools – 6 grade
Cambridge exam PET for schools – 7 grade
Cambridge exam PET – 8 grade
Testing is performed according to Common European Framework of Reference for Languages: Leraning, Teaching and Assessment (2002).
At the lessons we also use the material from additional guidebooks developed by the CISC teachers. Such guidebooks unify the materials from various textbooks, including those from British schools.
There are different forms of testing during the lessons:
А) at getkahoot.com, where the teacher or the students can compose new tests or pass the existing ones.
B) with the help of quizlet application we learn words and phrases both orally and in writing. Each child assisted by the teacher plans his or her individual strategy of learning English, taking into account the result which the child wishes to achieve and the means of achieving it. The students of Primary school receive the spelling list of words – the list of words which every child must know and spell correctly. Once a week a class is conducted by a native speaker. There are regular lessons of English integrated with other disciplines (biology, geography, chemistry, natural science, Ukrainian language, foreign literature, mathematics etc.). There are courses for the Secondary school developed by CISC teachers:
– Making effective presentations
– Speaking and writing persuasively
– Short videos at the lessons of English
Why do parents choose CISC?
1. When a child looses motivation for learning and feels no interest due to monotony of education, thus decreasing the academic progress, the parents start searching for environment that would awaken the child’s cognitive interest, and where a teacher raises open questions and stimulates a child to find the answers, guides, assists and develops research skills. Educational process in CISC involves a regular change of the students’ activity, due to which a student can understand that learning is interesting and important for his/her future.
2. High level of English studies. A CISC graduate freely communicates in English language, and is ready for Cambridge ESOL Examinations
3. Relations between a teacher and a student according to win-win principle: equal rights, respect for personality, attentiveness, loyalty. Cooperation between a teacher and a student implies communication aimed at achieving common result.
4. Education of a successful person with the skills necessary in XXI century: ability to cope with complex tasks, critical thinking, creativity, leadership skills, emotional intellect, communication skills etc.
5. Harmonious and comprehensive development of personality: intellectual skills, creative potential, communication skills, teamwork etc.