IMPLEMENTATION OF OUR TEACHING METHODS AT DIFFERENT AGE-BASED LEVELS OF EDUCATION
In primary school the educational process if organized through the WAVE IMMERSION method.
- Each month, the lessons have a specific cross-cutting topic which is mastered at all school subjects, keeping the thematical focus throughout the immersion period.
- Wave immersions are prepared by primary school teachers together with subject teachers.
- Wave immersion ends up with a project – class or individual, which the children present at the end of each month.
Such approach provides the child with a deep and full understanding of the topic, promoting the comprehensive understanding of the world and it inter-connections.
Beside the traditional school subjects, in CISC the children:
- master financial literacy;
- learn to understand themselves within the “I am a Personality” integrated course;
- discover their acting talents at “Art Drama”;
- expand their world perception horizons at the integrated STEM-course “Kaleidoscope of Science”;
- learn programming at IT-Lab;
- a lot of attention is paid to the development of a child’s critical and logical thinking at the lessons of logics, chess and robotechnics.
Starting from the second grade, the children learn a foreign language of their choice.
Beside the main subjects in 5-9 grades of CISC the children:
- implement their real projects at the Science clubs on physics, chemistry, biology and geography;
- participate in the school self-government;
- study the art of communication at TED Talks;
- program, develop games and model at IT-Lab;
- create fully-featured and functional school media;
- train their critical thinking skills at brain-rings, talk shows and conferences.
It is the most intensive educational period, when the students get acquainted with different fields and spheres of knowledge, various scientific approaches; it covers all spheres of human knowledge and development, with maximum approximation of the educational process to application of the knowledge mastered.
Disputing at TED Talks, working in Science clubs, editing the school newspaper or joining the activity of the School Parliament, by the tenth grade in CISC a child discovers own skills, inclinations, understand him/herself and can define the direction for further education.
In senior school we also:
- have professional orientation classes to define further professional guidelines;
- organize the children’s visits to real firms and companies, thus giving them an opportunity of seeing real-life creative, production and other processes;
- implement individual itinerary of development for every child, if necessary, conducting individual professional orientation work with assistance of a psychologist.
Starting from the tenth grade, the child, the tutor and the teachers are oriented by the PROFILE OF STUDIES for the child’s further education and enrollment to a certain university or college.
The emphasis of education in 10-11(12) grades is made on the subjects necessary for the child’s further growth directed to a certain profession.
According to own preferences, professional orientation tests, psychologist’s recommendations and the parents’ request, after 9th grade a child may continue studies in the School in ONE OF THE TWO FOLLOWING DIRECTIONS:
I.HISTORY, LITERATURE & SOCIAL STUDIES. Social-humanitarian education profile with emphasis on studying history, literature and other social sciences. Natural sciences are taught at general level, in the form of integrated educational course.
II.STEAM. Natural-mathematical profile with emphasis on advanced studying of math, biology, chemistry, geography and physics.
BOTH DIRECTIONS of education involve advanced studying of English language.
Advanced studies in each of the directions allow the students to obtain high level of knowledge necessary for enrollment into both Ukrainian and foreign higher educational establishment with respective profile of studies.
AT ALL age-based levels of education in CISC we keep up to INDIVIDUAL ITINERARY of a child’s development; stimulating the development of CRITICAL THINKING, the practice of INTEGRATED and BILINGUAL LESSONS together with the PROJECT APPROACH are applied.